With a hundred different resources available for each rotation, it’s hard to figure out which is best! Now that I’m on the other side of third-year rotations and shelf exams, I’ve compiled a list of the resources I found to be most helpful for my rotations! I generally did very well on my shelf exams (in the 80th-95th percentile).
- Uworld (Surgery and Endocrine/GI/Pulm Internal Medicine Questions)
- DeVirgilli (highly recommend)
- Surgery PreTest
- Pestana (highly recommend)
- Surgical Recall (supplemental, great to review specific topics right before surgeries to prepare for pimping questions)
- Maxwell Quick Medical Reference (great for all rotations!)
- ACOG uWISE Questions (my school provided us with a free subscription)
- Ob/Gyn Case Files (highly recommend)
- Uworld, Uworld, Uworld
- Online Med Ed (if you prefer video lectures) or Step Up to Medicine (if you prefer textbooks)
- AAFP questions (sign up for free to access them at aafp.org)
- Step Up to Medicine
- USPSTF Guidelines
- BRS Pediatrics (highly recommend)
- Pretest Pediatric
- AMBOSS questions
- First Aid Psychiatry (highly recommend)
That’s all for now! I’ll update the rest once I finish those rotations!
this is very helpful, thank you!
For internal medicine, do you think OME + uworld is enough or do I need to add Step Up? Same with step 2 CK?
OME + Uworld is more than enough! Step Up is a great supplement to Uworld if you’re not using OME. Same thing with Step 2CK. Either choose OME + Uworld or Step Up + Uworld!
Thank you so much for this information!
I got good info from your blog
You are a very smart individual!